Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Re: December Blog #1

When I think of people who define me as person I cannot simply choose any single person except for my mother, because in actuality groups of people have shaped me into the person I am today. Including my mom, friends, and people who have doubted me or have left me when I needed them the most.

Every since I was young, my mom has woken up at three or four in the morning to get ready for work and to get me prepared to go to my babysitter's home. She has done this for about eight years although I don't have a babysitter anymore she still wakes up early in the morning, so she can provide for me and the rest of my family. My mother's work ethic has wiped off on me so much. She has always worked hard and has let nothing get in her way. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be able to make it in the classes that I have. She has taught me to never give up and to always find a way to do something because something is never too difficult to do.

My friends have shaped in that I'm easy going person. They all want to have a good time, they don't want to cause trouble. This quality in my friends has had effect on me in that I stay out of trouble, and try to stay on track. They keep me on my toes, we have an unspoken rival when it comes to school. We always try to do better than the other in school or sports which causes me to go that extra mile. If I didn't have the friends that I have right now, I don't know if I'd be the same person who loves to go to movies, who always makes sure that they have at least a B in a class.

There have been numerous people who have doubted me or wronged me. I don't hate or dislike these people, I thank them for what they have done. Without them I wouldn't be this strong mentally. They motivate me to stay out of conflicts and to go on.

These three groups all share one characteristic which is that make me strive for excellence, and work hard no matter what presents itself to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment